Completely disappointed! - Just Me. Date of travel: Sep 2007
|Location: | * * * * * |||Service: | * * * * * |||Value for money: | * * * * * |
We knew that the Irida Apartment was basic... but even basic has got a limit! Here is a list of what was wrong...
1. Above the pillows was a plug, a light switch, and a hole with wires sticking out (when complained, we were told not to worry because they are dead wires).
2. The fridge door was collapsed; we used a bottle cap to lift it up at an almost closed position to keep the food.
3. Bathroom taps (sink and shower) were corroded as if someone put acid on them and were green.
4. There was nothing to hang the shower handle on, had to hold it with one hand.
5. The shower hose was damaged.
6. One light bulb needed replacing, but it wasn't.
7. The stove (which we thought at first glance that is a microwave) was corroded and the oven not working.
8. The beds and pillows absolutely STANK of sweat, and I could feel all the springs in the mattress.
9. No safe in room (we were told it has been stolen).
10. No hot water till about 10am.
11. We were in room number 1 which is next to the swimming pool; pool table and bar... don't expect to rest till 3am.
12. We had to pay €15 for a ventilator, as we were on the ground floor and couldn't leave the windows open over night.
It's a shame, as the owners are lovely people... but still... that doesn't make up for the conditions. As for Libra Holidays... they are not going to do anything as we didn't complain to the rep, we would have, but we saw her twice in a week and only for a few minutes, and we raised the issues with the owner. Never again we will travel with Libra Holidays, and lesson learned, next time the accommodation will be in a deplorable state, we will ask for relocation there and then!
We will ever go back to Irida? NEVER... as someone else said... you go once, but then you know better for next year.