Worst Holiday I have ever had - Doris. Date of travel: Aug 2007
|Location: | * * * * * |||Service: | * * * * * |||Value for money: | * * * * * |
The Cesars Resort and Hotel apparently had 2200 guests of which we were the only English staying there. We booked this holiday 1 week before we went and didn't read any reviews on it until we had booked. I have a 17 year old boy & 12 year old girl. Usually when we go away they make friends, neither of my kids can speak German, Russian, Israeli or Dutch so there was no chance of them meeting anyone. We eventually, on the 2nd week, bumped into an English couple who had come from another hotel due to their daughter being in hospital with food poisoning. They said they wished they had stayed at the previous hotel, my son went to the pool toilets in the morning & there was sick in the trough. My husband went later in the day and the sick was still there, the toilets when approaching them stunk of ammonia. The pool was red hot and filthy. We noticed in the second week the filters had just started working, the pool area was never cleaned there were cigarette ends, dirty tissues, bits of food under the beds for days. 3 of us got gastroenteritis, 1 of us ear infection and 1 had an infected toe. The air conditioning wasn't working right. We were put in the 4 star annexe even though we payed for 5 star. When we questioned this were told that this was the reservation that was booked and if we wanted to move we would have to pay for this. My daughter has now go back pains after sleeping on a window seat for 2 weeks. The safety deposit box cost £20 when I asked if you got a deposit back reception said really cleverly, "do you want it or not?" We took Turkish Lira but they preferred for you to pay in Euro.
The hotel shop was a total rip off. The man tried to charge us £10 for a lilo when they were £5 in the street, you had to walk past the shopping complex to get to the restaurant and would be hounded to look in their shop. The entertainment staff were friendly enough but all entertainment was in German. The beach wasn't cleaned, my husband stood on a skewer that was stuck in the sand.
The waiters were very pleasant and helpful.